What is Event Management? Understanding the Concept of Event Planning
In simple terms, event management encompasses everything related to planning and executing an event. Often, participant management and event management go hand in hand. Sometimes, event planning and event management are distinct phases, with event planning referring to the preparatory phase before the event itself.
To excel in event management, organizers must effectively address several key aspects. Here are a few examples:
- Sending Invitations and Managing Registrations
- Securely Storing Participant Data, Compliant with GDPR Guidelines
- Communication with Participants, Managing Changes and Cancellations, Sending Reminders, and Providing Information
- Sharing Information and Collaborating with Stakeholders such as Catering Services, Hotels, Venue Providers, and On-site Staff
- Collecting Relevant Post-event Information for Analysis and Upselling Opportunities
Simple and complex at the same time
While these tasks may appear simple, they become increasingly complex as events grow in scale and intricacy. Event managers face the challenge of keeping everything well-organized.
Historically, the most common approach involved accepting bookings and responses via email or phone, followed by manual data entry into tools like Excel. Confirmation emails were then manually sent to participants, and organizers handled all other related tasks. This placed a significant burden on event organizers, requiring them to retain a vast amount of information and spend numerous hours on administrative work.
Modern event management systems have revolutionized this process and automate many tasks:
- Automated Scheduling and Sending of Invitations
- Versatile Response Forms that Cater to Various Inquiries and Options
- Accessible Payment Solutions, including Credit Cards and Invoices
- Customizable Automated Confirmation Emails with Detailed Information
- Convenient Reminder Emails for Late RSVPs
- Capability to Set Up Post-event Surveys to Gather Essential Feedback
By embracing modern event management systems, event organizers can streamline their processes and provide a smoother experience for participants. This automation not only saves time but also enhances the overall quality of event management.
Read more here
- The Impact of After-Event Strategies: Use Surveys to Boost Your Return on Investment
- Four easy steps to create buzz around your event
- Mastering Email Communication for Successful Event Management